Re: 1.3.3 sensory characteristics

On 14/09/2021 10:56, Steve Green wrote:
> The “x” glyph is none of those things – it is being used to represent
> the character with that meaning i.e. the letter “x”.

The character quoted is not x (U+0078 - Latin Small Letter X), it is ×
(U+00D7). It's Unicode name is Multiplication Sign.  If that glyph
really has an "accessible name" of "x", I think the accessible name
needs reviewing.  I would say it is a graphical symbol according to the
part of the definition that reads "a glyph which represents a check
mark, arrow, or other symbol but is not the character with that meaning".