From: Wayne Dick <wayneedick@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, September 3, 2021 7:31 PM
To: W3C WAI ig <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Subject: Question on Copyright

I have encountered a PDF file that contains scanned images of a textbook as part of a class. The number of pages is small enough to qualify for fair use, but the format is grossly inaccessible.

Is there a good way for teachers to obtain an accessible format and still qualify for fair-use? For myself, I just found the text on Bookshare, but many others don't have the patience, and my skill doesn't help teachers who don't have access to Bookshare.

Best, Wayne