From: bryan rasmussen <rasmussen.bryan@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, July 27, 2021 4:35 AM
To: WAI IG
Subject: aria-describedBy with aria-hidden=true

Ce message a été envoyé par un expéditeur externe. Veuillez faire preuve de prudence et ne pas cliquer sur les liens ou ouvrir les pièces jointes à moins de reconnaître l'expéditeur et de savoir que le contenu est sûr.

This message was sent from an external sender. Please exercise caution and do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

Hey,

As I understand this
https://www.tpgi.com/short-note-on-aria-labelledby-and-aria-describedby/
If I have an element with aria-describedBy id of other element, and
that other element has aria-hidden= true the description will still be
read correctly for the div with aria-describedBy? Is there any
commonly used browser + SR combo you know of where it doesn't work?

How about aria labels and the like inside of the aria-hidden element
that is being used to describe the other element - does anyone know of
scenarios where this doesn't work.

example would look something like this:
description">little</span><p>More cool stuff to read in the
description</p></div>

Thanks,
Bryan Rasmussen