RE: requirements to test with Jaws in different organizations

Isn’t the purpose of standards (WCAG, PDF/UA, EPUB) to make ICT available to all technologies?

Everyone in the food chain is supposed to understand and adhere to them:

*  Content creators.

*  Authoring software (like MS Word, Adobe InDesign, HTML coding, scripts, etc.).

*  Assistive technologies…all of them, not just screen readers.

*  The end user using the A T.

If we all build to the standards, the ICT should be available to everyone, regardless of which A T the end user uses.

— — —

Bevi Chagnon  | Designer, Accessibility Technician |   <mailto:Chagnon@PubCom.com> Chagnon@PubCom.com

— — —

PubCom: Technologists for Accessible Design + Publishing

consulting • training • development • design • sec. 508 services

Upcoming classes at  <http://www.pubcom.com/classes> www.PubCom.com/classes

— — —

 <https://mailchi.mp/e694edcdfadd/class-discount-3266574> Latest blog-newsletter –  <https://www.pubcom.com/blog/2020_07-20/alt-text_part-1.shtml> Simple Guide to Writing Alt-Text