Re: requirements to test with Jaws in different organizations

On 06/07/2021 02:54, ALAN SMITH wrote:

Karen wrote:

> “that I need to fit their definition of disability to get access..even
> if doing so could ____
>
> result in my hospitalization.”

I believe that was referring to people who define disability as that
which an be remediated by the use of JAWS, rather than trying to address
all disabilities.

Although not explicit in that statement, I think a large number of
people commissioning web sites consider accessibility as a tick box item
to be added as a, low cost, afterthought.  This also ties into the
recent postings on accessibility tool bars.

Typically they design the site how they, or their commercial artist,
wants it, then, once it is complete, try to tweak it to work a bit
better with JAWS.