Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: { Creative agencies } experience with anyone listed?

Skye,

I certainly appreciate your very up to date WCAG rules - but not every
company has the time to do everything when they are tasked with much larger
projects that meet every requirement of WCAG 2.1AA - I have yet to find a
single site even with Deque and other vendors that are perfect on every
single page. Trying to state that because you found something wrong (your
findings are certainly valid) means that the company is not at all
competent is a horrible thought process. I think as quickly as new
rules and changes come about in WCAG 2.2 and soon 3.0 you may find that
your sales tools are out of date and your client's projects are your
priority - and in that time you too may fail very visible rules on your
sales sites.

Accessibility for a business is a process - and just like those other
companies we too will adapt in batches - as I have been doing long prior to
WCAG's commonplace existence, doing everything we can to make sites
accessible first just based on text-based browsers, then on section 508,
and now on WCAG.

Your heart is in the right place - but you need to also remember that small
businesses cannot do everything in a short timeframe. I worked on a project
where the agency had 90 days to comply with a whole bunch of fixes on about
50 websites, we had 13 great programmers (plus a bunch of internal and
external auditors) working 60 to 70 hours a week for those 90 days and just
barely completed in time, having to have through that process created a new
site template, train 4 new contractors that had little WCAG experience and
work with the auditors to literally find new ways to comply with seemingly
impossible rules - that ultimately required bug filings with various
vendors including JAWS and Dragon, among others.

Personally, I plan on starting my next wave of changes in a few weeks and
if you're up for it maybe I could engage your auditing assistance
(depending on your rates).

Thank you!!!!

*Daniel Horning*
518-333-5100