Re: eNewsletter Guidance?

On 08/03/2021 20:53, Pyatt, Elizabeth J wrote:
> Steve:
>
> I understand what you're trying to say, but actually one of the goals of
> WCAG is to deliver content that works in multiple platforms (e.g. many
> websites are viewed on smart phones and on desktops).
>
> There are ways to ensure that content works when a user changes font
> size or uses darkmode (which does have some accessibility advantages for
> users such as myself).
> Dark Mode -
> https://uxdesign.cc/accessibility-and-dark-ui-themes-f01001339b65
> <https://uxdesign.cc/accessibility-and-dark-ui-themes-f01001339b65>
>
> There are limits as to how many configurations one can test, but I have
> seen more people moving over to darkmode, so I would consider it as a
> possibility.

However, if content fails to correctly display in dark mode (or to adapt
to it/take notice of it at all), for instance, it's not necessarily a
direct failure of WCAG unless it's due to something else that *does*
fail WCAG directly (as there's no requirement in WCAG about making sure
that content adapts there). Content that complies with WCAG stands a
better chance of adapting to specific user-set environments, but it's
not guaranteed...and failure to adapt is not a failure of WCAG. That's
what Steve was referring to.

Patrick H. Lauke

https://www.splintered.co.uk/ | https://github.com/patrickhlauke
https://flickr.com/photos/redux/ | https://www.deviantart.com/redux