Re: Question about aria-live and abnormal voice over behavior

On 15/01/2021 22:26, Ash Ta wrote:

> I checked my company website. They use aria-live assertive. When i
> navigate through all the forms via tab key, the hint in the previous
> form is announced at the current form before the current form hint is
> announced. I change it to polite. The first two are fixed in announcing
> the hint. However, the rest still have the same abnormal behavior. Is it
> voice over issue? Or is it aria-live issue? Or is it due to the nature
> of javascript thus it changes back to the old coding?

Without seeing the code, or being able to check it in action, this is
difficult to debug/make an assessment. It sounds like the "hint"
(assuming it's like an additional description or tooltip that shows up
when a form field gets focus?) is "hanging around" somehow and not being
removed fast enough or getting blanked? I would try and run this while
keeping an eye on the actual DOM / the element with aria-live, to verify
when/if its contents get changed appropriately when a form field
receives or loses focus.

Patrick H. Lauke

https://www.splintered.co.uk/ | https://github.com/patrickhlauke
https://flickr.com/photos/redux/ | https://www.deviantart.com/redux