From: Patrick H. Lauke <redux@splintered.co.uk>
Sent: Monday, January 11, 2021 6:39 PM
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: Re: Complex TABLES (headers and IDs) or not - WCAG tutorial  disambiguation

On 11/01/2021 16:31, Bristow, Alan wrote:
[...]

> My confusion and reason for seeking advice is that the first example I
> link to above ('Mars and Venus') has TDs that are described by three
> THs. For example, the TD
> 50,000
> relates to; 'Teddy Bears', 'Produced', and 'Mars'. That TABLE has no
> HEADERs and IDs. However a TD being related to three THs seems to fit
> the description from the second link above, and so there appears to be
> an argument that IDs and HEADERs should be used. The two examples seem
> to contradict each other.

While true that that table has 3 THs relating to cells, that
relationship is purely baed on the horizontal/vertical association. so
it doesn't fulfill the page starter's "Such tables are too complex to
identify a strict horizontal or vertical association between header and
data cells."

Patrick H. Lauke

https://www.splintered.co.uk/ | https://github.com/patrickhlauke
https://flickr.com/photos/redux/ | https://www.deviantart.com/redux