Re: { contrast } on focus

Thanks so much (and apologies for the delayed response). I wonder if that
detail would be worth adding to the wcag as gmail is not the only place
I've seen this.

There are times where terms/meaning differ between design and development.
There was a thought that perhaps someone is translating a tab in the
navigation to be disabled until a user tabs to it. Whatever the reason I
feel a distinction for link states may be needed. It could just be me
though.