From: Alastair Campbell <acampbell@nomensa.com>
Sent: 11 September 2020 13:34
To: Wayne Dick <wayneedick@gmail.com>
Cc: W3C WAI ig <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Subject: RE: Reflow

Coming to this late, but there is a useful bookmarklet called “Kill Sticky headers”:
https://alisdair.mcdiarmid.org/kill-sticky-headers/

It’s a work-around, if you do need something in the sticky (like the menu), you’ll probably have to refresh the page.

It is a known issue, in a WCAG 2.x context it’s quite hard to define ‘too big’ across the diversity of scenarios on the web. However, it’s something that might fit Silver (WCAG 3.0) better, which will take a more nuanced view on testing.

Cheers,

-Alastair