Re: { Flip Cards - Hover/Focus }

On 18/08/2020 00:21, caroline wrote:
[...]
> With text, there is a simple solution of including the title from front
> to the content that appears when the card id flipped. However, we have
> had a scenario where high level data was on the front of the flipcard
> and displayed a breakdown when the user hovered over it. I was able to
> push for the interaction to be initiated by the user pressing the
> enter/space key, instead of being triggered by the hover, but wondered
> if I could have approached this item differently.

This would have been my advice as well - with an added mention of
"hover/focus interactions don't work for touchscreen users either (or at
least not well)". Personally, I detest the sorts of interfaces where
things constantly change under my mouse (particularly when scrolling
with the scrollwheel, and content happens to land under my mouse after
scrolling ... e.g. netflix's interface in the browser).

Patrick H. Lauke

https://www.splintered.co.uk/ | https://github.com/patrickhlauke
https://flickr.com/photos/redux/ | https://www.deviantart.com/redux