Re: Accessibility of HTML title attribute for tooltips

On 16/07/2020 22:23, Ajay Sharma wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> I have a question regarding native HTML title attribute, , which is
> one of the easy way to add tool tip to a control, but tool tips
> generated in this way do not persist while trying to hover with mouse
> pointer, which fails SC 1.3.13 Content on hover or focus.

Technically, those title tooltips do pass, because they're exempted:

"Exception: The visual presentation of the additional content is
controlled by the user agent and is not modified by the author."

But, as others have noted, I'd actually reconsider the need
for/use/reliance on tooltips altogether.

Patrick H. Lauke

https://www.splintered.co.uk/ | https://github.com/patrickhlauke
https://flickr.com/photos/redux/ | https://www.deviantart.com/redux