Re: Survey for mapping digital accessibility skills

Excellent points Chaals. The survey is already launched, so I doubt its
questions will change. When the researchers later analyze the data, I would
encourage them to distinguish between the smaller group of *accessibility
professionals* and the much larger group of *people who create digital
content for websites*. Most people who "work on websites" are putting
content into content management systems. The survey questions appear aimed
more at the former group, even though a stated aim of the project is to
improve the accessibility skills of the latter group.

From the IMPACT project website:

 "In a decision of the European Ombudsman (Strategic Survey OI / June 2017
6/2017 / EA) on how the European Commission ensures that people with
disabilities can access its websites from December 2018, there is a need
for Mandatory accessibility training for *all staff working on websites*.
Hence the creation of the IMPACT project."

The recent We4Authors project is also relevant to this goal.

Cheers,

Mitchell Evan
+1 (510) 375-6104
mtchllvn@gmail.com