RE: Short Survey for CSUN

Hi Steve,
My understanding is that JavaScript is a compliant technology, so long as
it works from the keyboard.
Perhaps your comment that it was done in a stupid fashion  illustrates
that point.
You referenced in browsers, and reference with Jaws, adaptive technology
that i cannot physically use..which sort of illustrates my understanding
that design is not about tool, but interaction.
I am now interested in how the standard of readily available or free works
here, since each person is working with the specifics of  their physical
situation to accommodate.
therefore, the only that I personally see that such a theory works in
practice  is if one assumes that  tools work the same for everyone
sharing a label  which is clearly not the case.
Even in JavaScript friendly browsers like elinks, with JavaScript  turned
on, the button still does not work.
I understand from Google accessibility that JavaScript means their
definition of JavaScript, which may or may not be functional..or
especially privacy respectful either for that matter.
If the technique for that button is stupid as you say, and the
implementation of JavaScript work from the keyboard, how is it compliant?
Like any language, JavaScript is not the same in all instances when used.
kare