Re: Fwd: audio description and audio transcript to pass WCAG 2.0 AA?

Kiran,

Assuming your prerecorded video has audio content, there are two SC that
are relevant: SC 1.2.3 (Level A) and 1.2.5 (Level AA).

1.2.3 gives you a choice between providing AD or an "alternative for
time-based media". An "alternative for time-based media" is described as
follows:

"document including correctly sequenced text descriptions of time-based
visual and auditory information and providing a means for achieving the
outcomes"

In other words, a transcript. Note: if your video has no audio content
then SC 1.2.1 has the same requirement.

But 1.2.5 requires that your video has AD, no options. So you can meet
both 1.2.3 and 1.2.5 by providing AD for your video without a transcript.

That said it is better to provide both a transcript and AD for your
video because someone who is deaf-blind will almost certainly want a
transcript to be able to consume the video.

Léonie.

--
Director @TetraLogical