Re: About VPAT usage in the EU

I'd like to add a few things to what I wrote earlier.
The European Commission's implementing decision 2018/1523 of 11 October
2018 defines a "model accessibility statement in accordance with
Directive (EU) 2016/2102":

https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/en/TXT/HTML/?uri=CELEX:32018D1523.
This decision does not mention ISO 17050 (nor VPAT).

I recently looked at VPATs for Linux distributions and found VPATs for
Oracle Linux, Red Hat Enterprise Linux (though not for Fedora or CentOS)
and the variants of SUSE Linux Enterprise (though not for OpenSUSE).

I could not find any type of conformance declaration for Zorin OS
(https://zorinos.com/), even though in 2016, the Italian city of Vicenza
announced that it would replace Windows with Zorin OS
(https://zoringroup.com/blog/2016/04/29/the-city-of-vicenza-is-choosing-zorin-os/).

Best regards,

Christophe Strobbe

--
Christophe Strobbe
Akademischer Mitarbeiter

“I drink tea and I know things.”
Falsely attributed to Christophe Lannister.