From: Marc Haunschild <haunschild@mhis.onmicrosoft.de>
Sent: 19 September 2019 17:10
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Cc: W3C WAI ig <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Subject: Re: Search fields

Hi Joppe,

do you know select2?

As far as I know, it’s been on a good way. At least there are aware of accessibility issues and willing to work on them.

And if it is not perfect by now, then maybe they could use some help?

Also there was a fork, that wanted to improve the accessibility.

But all that was some time ago and I’m not sure, how successful these improvements have been.

Anyway if you are interested in this solution you should definitely read the discussion on github.

Also it depends on jquery which may be a problem if you prefer vanilla js.

https://github.com/select2/select2

Sorry that I cannot give you more precise information, but I’m not using it for quite some time...

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Marc Haunschild
www.mhis.de<http://www.mhis.de>