Accessible whiteboards Re: Question about applicability of authoring tool requirements

On Fri, 13 Sep 2019 00:34:51 +0200, Sean Murphy (seanmmur)
<seanmmur@cisco.com> wrote:

> That brings up an interesting point. Electronic white boards how easily
> is it to be made accessible for screen readers?

That's an interesting question. There's a fair body of work on accessible
SVG - as well as the SVG group itself which has always been a supporter (I
gave a talk on accessibility and SVG in 1999 at their invitation) people
like LĂ©onie Watson (who is probably on this list), Sara Soueidan (who I
think isn't), the PheT team at Colorado University and others produce a
steady stream of material.

Making graphics software and its output accessible is a challenge, not an
impossibility. But there's IMHO a shoertage of focus on it an an authoring
tool level. It would be something that could make a great deal of
difference.

cheers

Chaals