Re: Indicating required fields mandatory or not (SC 3.3.2 or 2.4.6)

On 20/08/2019 13:04, ALAN SMITH wrote:
> We all need to remember one thing. This is all about communication. If
> you are not communicating a website to those with various disabilities
> it is not accessible no matter how technical it is conforming to
> normalative guidelines or other methods.

Absolutely. But, on the same token, you can't pass off things that
aren't normative failures as normative failures, and reinterpret WCAG to
your liking to be harsher/more stringent than what it normatively is. By
all means, flag things that aren't right, but be clear when something
may be a normative pass, but still should be changed/amended further
going beyond WCAG's relatively "lowest common denominator" binary
pass/fail criteria.

Patrick H. Lauke