Re: links in aria-describedby

On 08/08/2019 11:16, ALAN SMITH wrote:
> To Leonie’s reply.
>
> Only if an element cannot be selected with a keyboard would it fail 2.1.1
>
> Only if an element received keyboard focus but did not show any visible
> focus indication would it fail 2.4.7.

 > I’m not sure how these apply.
 >
 > Please explain.

I don't think the screen reader problem Angela mentions is a fail,
providing the -describedby content can be navigated to (at which point a
screen reader user would be informed that there was a link present). If
the -describedby content was hidden visually though, a screen reader
user could still navigate to it and discover that a link is present, but
sighted keyboard users would be stuck with an invisible stop in the tab
order.

Léonie.

--
Director @TetraLogical TetraLogical.com