RE: Considering order: labels for checkboxes and radio buttons

My response is from a screen reader user point of view. Not a standards view. As standards are good, but user experience and expectation is more important. Consistency is key here by the way.

Jaws and NVDA announces the label first then the state. In Jaws you can change the behaviour from memory. This is a screen reader functionality. Do not recall if NVDA can do the same functionality.

I do not recall what the Mac Voiceover says as I do not use this on a daily bases.

Sean Murphy
SR ENGINEER.SOFTWARE ENGINEERING
seanmmur@cisco.com
Tel: +61 2 8446 7751