Re: User Stylesheets are Assistive Technology

From: Kazuhito Kidachi <kazuhito@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2018 09:13:53 +0900
To: wayneedick@gmail.com
Cc: WAI Interest Group <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
2018年7月18日(水) 8:57 Wayne Dick <wayneedick@gmail.com>:

> I use Safari because the browser will host user stylesheets. It is too bad
> that other browsers decided to stop supporting this important assistive
> technology.

I agree that user style sheets can improve accessibility and Safari is a
good browser in terms of the technology, and I’m curious how user style
sheets are widely used in general, since they require skill and knowledge
about CSS, which can be a kind of barrier for those who are not familiar
with web technologies.

I think it would be better if browsers provide GUI for editing user style
sheets so that anyone can use any web content with more accessible style.

By the way, I use Firefox with Stylus add-on
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/styl-us/

Best,

Kazuhito
--