(unknown charset) Re: ADA Compliance - Links to Third Party Websites

Okay, I understand.
Speaking only for myself, my thoughts are these.
first, is the university providing access to this content elsewhere as  an
alternative?  If not, why?
I bring this up because the third party locations you reference have their
own rites of access, some of which might be rather costly.  For example to
reach your university materials on Facebook, a person must be willing  to
risk their privacy, not to mention be able to use   that platform too.
With YouTube, there is the ability to use in the same fashion of others,
will YouTube be providing captioning  for example if needful?
How does  placing content on Facebook or YouTube serve your university's
educational mandate?
I took a class once where the institution put class materials on YouTube.
They also provided transcripts of the material though, on their own class
site, so I did not have to use YouTube at all.
To my mind the more doors you have to the content  the more choices you
provide, the more you serve all of your students regardless of their
needs.
Further using YouTube and Facebook should be  well the best way to
educate, not a trendy way to share stuff.
does that make sense?
If I were our student I would take issue with all the  barriers between me
and university materials, especially if that would be the only place they
would be found.
Karen