Re: [White paper] A11Y Wars: The Accessibility Interpretation Problem

Wayne,

Thanks so much for sharing your first impressions.  We deeply appreciate
your feedback.  I'll admit I was the one who came up with the phrase A11Y
Wars because, where I sit, the intense disagreements over interpretations
has gotten so heated at times, it really felt like a war of words.  I was
also thinking back to the days of "browser wars" and playing off that.

Okay, okay...I admit...I also liked A11Y Wars because I thought it was a
provocative phrase.

And I completely agree with you on the danger of saying something is ideal,
when it really should be a minimum requirement (your case of horizontal
scrolling is a perfect example, and thankfully it will be a requirement in
WCAG 2.1)!

Wishing us all an inbox overflowing with a11y peace!
Love,
Goodwitch

*glenda sims* <glenda.sims@deque.com>, cpacc
<http://www.accessibilityassociation.org/certification>   | team a11y lead