From: SALES, TERRY LYNN [mailto:TERRYLYNN.SALES@cbp.dhs.gov]
Sent: 18 April 2018 14:42
To: Aleta Moses <aletamoses@gmail.com>; w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: RE: Color contrast question - button background

The letter of the standard is for text, however, I apply it to anything that has meaning and would cause an issue if not recognizable by a user.  Icons used as links, buttons like your example, etc.  If the user would miss a function or action available to others by not being able to distinguish an item’s presence, I make them fix the contrast.

Terry Lynn (TL) Sales
DHS Trusted Tester, CMII, PMP
DHS/CBP/OIT/CSPD
571-468-5271 Desk