RE: [breadcrumbs] best practice

Hi-

As Patrick said, they serve two different purposes; in one case, it provides navigation by heading. In the other, it provides the current location within a set of pages.

Laura

From: harry.loots@googlemail.com [mailto:harry.loots@googlemail.com] On Behalf Of Harry Loots
Sent: Friday, November 17, 2017 4:44 AM
To: W3C WAI ig <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Subject: [breadcrumbs] best practice

Hi all
what is the current thinking on breadcrumbs.

I have a situation where a client want to display the page name in the breadcrumb, then repeat the page name immediately afterwards as a heading, which I know can be a nuisance for text-to-speech users.

Are their any firm rules on breadcrumbs, or strong views for that matter :)

Kindest regards
Harry