Re: auto-updating/scrolling content and applicability of BOTH 2.2.1 and 2.2.2

>Is that a pass for 2.2.1  or a fail (as there was no mechanism to
pause/stop "before encountering it" since it's on the homepage)?

2.2.1 wasn't intended to be about moving content, such as a carousel...
technically yes there is a time limit before the next slide comes up... but
that was not the use case the SC was trying to address. It was more about
taking a test or a filling in a form that had a time limit.

The auto scroller is a better match for 2.2.2 and the pause button doesn't
have to proceed it to pass 2.2.2. The primary intention for 2.2.2 was for
people who become distracted by the movement and therefore can see it, and
therefore the DOM order is not as critical for that person as it is for a
user who can't see it. They can click on the pause button and stop being
distracted.

Cheers,
David MacDonald

*Can**Adapt* *Solutions Inc.*