Re: example of accessible captcha?

I would have to agree that the question "A Dime & A Nickel Gives How Many Pennies?" is a bit confusing from a cognitive accessibility/usability/internationalization standpoint.

I use a reverse Honeypot checkbox on my contact form, http://pauljadam.com/contact.php <http://pauljadam.com/contact.php>

The user must uncheck this checkbox to submit the form, "I am a Robot. Uncheck this if you're Human."

If they forget there will be an error message:

"Errors In Form:

You left the "I am a Robot" checkbox checked and the message will only send for Humans."

I do get spam but it’s from humans about SEO junk so they’re manually filling out the form and submitting.

I used to have a CAPTCHA question that said "Is Fire Hot or Cold?" which seems like a simple question to answer for any user.

Just another idea I wanted to throw out there.

Paul J. Adam
Accessibility Evangelist
www.deque.com

> On Jan 31, 2017, at 4:30 PM, accessys@smart.net wrote:
>

> works in Linux using LYNX webbrowser.
>
> great unless one doesn't use money
>
> Bob
>

> On Tue, 31 Jan 2017, Adam Powell wrote:
>
>> Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2017 17:13:59 -0500
>> From: Adam Powell <adam@adaminfinitum.com>
>> To: David Best <davebest@cogeco.ca>
>> Cc: Karen Lewellen <klewellen@shellworld.net>,
>>    WAI Interest Group <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
>> Subject: Re: example of accessible captcha?
>> Hi All,
>>
>> This page has one on a contact form I created:
>>
>> http://abacusadvertising.com/contact/
>>
>> It's similar to the examples above in that it uses logic and text but I
>> have given it my own twist in that I use a question about coin
>> denominations.
>>
>> I wouldn't use that exact example on sites I expected would get
>> international traffic, "dime" is probably not clear to non-native speakers.
>> In those cases I usually use something like "thirteen if you take away six"
>> or "19 minus twelve leaves"
>>
>> I used a WordPress plugin called Ninja Forms and one of the things I really
>> like is when you add an "anti-spam" field to a form, it allows the form
>> author to create any question they want and then provide any correct answer
>> they want so it gives a lot of flexibility in making language/logic based
>> captchas. You could use it to implement any of the techniques on this
>> thread.
>>
>> That form also has a honeypot (field that's hidden with CSS or JS) which is
>> a great way to fight spam. It has a label telling users not to fill it in
>> so it should be accessible as well.
>>
>> That combination is really effective at fighting spam but doesn't seem to
>> cause people problems.
>>
>> Hope that helps.
>> ​Adam Powell
>> http://www.adaminfinitum.com​
>>

>> On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 4:07 PM, David Best <davebest@cogeco.ca> wrote:
>>
>>> Karen, check out the following websites:
>>>
>>> User account | Alliance for Equality of Blind Canadians
>>> http://www.blindcanadians.ca/user/register
>>>
>>> Contact Us | T-Base Communications
>>> http://www.tbase.com/webform/contact-us
>>>
>>> Accessible University Mock Site - Accessible Version
>>> http://www.washington.edu/accesscomputing/AU/after.html
>>>
>>> David

>>> Thanks,