order of events

From: Adam Cooper <cooperad@bigpond.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2016 20:25:04 +1100
To: "'WAI Interest Group'" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to make the firing of a simple HTML success message reliable
cross browser/cross screen reader using toastr.js.

It's in the context of a really lumpy CRM product in which script
execution/network performance/event timings/redundant post requests are
influential on whether screen readers announce the insertion of a text node
within a <div> with aria-live='assertive' and role='alert'.

Is there anything out there that specifies what order these 'event's fire in
or defines a contract between DOM + accessibility API + screen reader etc.?
Thus far, I have 3 different behaviours across 5 versions of a popular
screen reader  .

For more info visit www.bullguard.com
<http://www.bullguard.com/tracking.aspx?affiliate=bullguard&buyaffiliate=smt
p&url=/>