Re: Plain language and SEO

This is one of the best resources I know of for figuring out what people
search related to a topic:
http://answerthepublic.com/

They have an option for German (and other languages, but apparently not
Arabic). The results are based on auto-complete suggestions from search
engines.

I also like to use Google Trends <https://www.google.com/trends/>.

Unfortunately, both tools focus on common searches, not necessarily,
these are the 2 best keyword (phrase) research tools available for SEO and
both are free.

I'm guessing that most of the people you could ask to create content are
professionals and therefore are more likely to use professional/technical
terms so perhaps popular terms will be useful to you…

Or perhaps the niche you are targeting is small enough that those tools
will return technically sophisticated terms as well.

In terms of trying to create single documents that target both, I'd say
that using HTML5 markup like `*section*`, `article`, `header` etc. and
maybe structured data (like schema.org) and semantic HTML would be a good
way to do it.

A more advanced SEO technique would be to ensure there are external links
containing the terms you want to rank for in anchor text (technical or
otherwise) but I advise extreme caution unless you are intimately familiar
with SEO.

-
​Adam Powell
abacusadvertising.com​