Re: Accessible Documents - PDF vs. HTML

Since HTML is clearly the favourite choice in this discussion, then it may
be worth investigating building your resource with a CMS like WordPress (or
Drupal).

Within the WordPress admin screens page editor it's possible to paste in
text and add images, headings, links etc without needing to know HTML, and
to get fairly good HTML out on your website as a result.

If your transcripts are already in MS Word with simple properly formatted
lists and headings etc, then you can paste directly from Word into the
WordPress editor, and get sensible content out. But if there are more
complex elements, tables, colour changes, etc then things can start to get
messy.

Out of the box, WordPress can't deliver multiple choice interaction, but
there may be a plugin to help with that. But watch out for plugins that
compromise accessibility. There is currently no accessibility review built
into the WP plugin review process - something that is there (albeit
optional) within the WP theme review process.

Whilst I have knowledge of WordPress, I imagine Drupal to be capable in a
similar way.

Regards
Graham Armfield

coolfields.co.uk <http://www.coolfields.co.uk/>