RE: Let's add an approved date field to Failures and Techniques

I agree with Jonathan.

In other words, do not add "best practices" as a term to equate to common
ways to pass, keep the term 'sufficient techniques'.  Leave "best
practices" to go above and beyond a Success Criteria.
So the suggestion is to add a 4th type, called a "warning" before the
"failures". The 4 types would be:

1. Sufficient Techniques (reliable way to pass, quite specific, other ways
may exist)
2. Advisory Techniques (common ways to pass, but there may be one or more
limitations)
3. [New] Warnings (common ways that pages don?t pass, but don?t
automatically fail.)
4. Failures (common ways that pages definitely fail, quite specific).

I also agree with the subject of this thread, that we need to add a "date
last updated" to the Technique template, so each technique is "dated".  We
already have the "General and Technology-Specific" techniques, and
included in each technique is "Testing Technique" section.

So the information would need to be updated in "Understanding Techniques":
see -
https://www.w3.org/TR/2016/NOTE-UNDERSTANDING-WCAG20-20160317/understanding-techniques.html

Regards,
Phill Jenkins,