Re: Let's add an approved date field to Failures and Techniques

From: Gregg Vanderheiden RTF <gregg@raisingthefloor.org>
Date: Sun, 1 May 2016 19:03:34 -0500
Cc: Katie Haritos-Shea <ryladog@gmail.com>, IG - WAI Interest Group List list <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>, GLWAI Guidelines WG org <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
To: David MacDonald <david100@sympatico.ca>

> On May 1, 2016, at 6:23 PM, David MacDonald <david100@sympatico.ca> wrote:
> However, documenting a date when we created a failure (or last approved) might give jurisdictions information that they might find useful when they are making policy and/or laws.

Hi David  -  I don’t understand this statement.    Documenting a failure - does not make it a new failure.

If it is a failure, it was always a failure.    We can’t define a new situation that fails when it didn’t before.
 We are just documenting it now for informational value — for convenience.

Can you help me understand this?

By the way — a whole heartedly agree with dating Techs & Failures to help in determining when they should be reviewed.
in that case though I would suggest the date be  “LAST REVIEWED ON “  rather than when they were created.