Re: Seeking example of quality alt text in STEM book

Some—but definitely not all—photos on NASA’s website have descriptive alt texts. The photo in this article has a decent alt text <http://www.nasa.gov/image-feature/hubble-peers-into-the-heart-of-the-milky-way-galaxy>photo in this article <http://www.nasa.gov/image-feature/t-38c-passes-in-front-of-the-sun-at-supersonic-speed> has a decent alt text. While the alt text of photo’s in this article are not very descriptive <http://www.nasa.gov/image-feature/pluto-is-dominated-by-the-feature-informally-named-the-heart>. NASA does often provide text nearby that describes the image in more detail, but that description is not linked to it via say aria-describedby.

—Michiel