RE: WCAG Next Possible Models

one of the things that I have often found is that the vast majority of
people with disabilities live below the poverty level so often run older
versions of adaptive software if for no other reason than the lack of
funds to update.

it is also one of the reasons many use FOSS such as eMACspeak and orca
FWI eMACspeak is as far as I know the only softwware package that a
person who is blind can install completely independently.  unfortunately
while powerfull it is complex

if it were me making the  rules (and we,ve had discussions on this) I
would require CSS all the way down to Pine or Alpine and Lynx

the rules are indeed difficult to understand and it seems the hardware and
software designers go out of thier way to force this difficulty.  I am
sure that if they wanted to all hardware and software could be made to use
a single package much like the cross platform word processing programs

Bob