Re: Straw man list for WCAG.NEXT, another proposal...

>>I've played pretty much every role in produc W3C Recommendations over the
last 2 decades.

Charles, you have been at the heart of the W3C process for year and have
been involved in many of the standards... Personally I'd love to have you
more involved in WCAG. You have a lot to offer... we miss you :)

The difference between WCAG and every other standard you and I have worked
on is the extensive legal framework hanging off it... there is no other
standard you've listed that has the weight of so many laws and landmark
legal judgements depending on it...

We have a techniques cycle every six months, because that doesn't have the
same legal weight. Webmasters don't care about the SC's, they care about
techniques which we have on a regular shipping cycle. Policy and lawmakers
care about the SCs.

Anyway, maybe I can amend model 5 to say something like... we'll ship no
later than December 2017, or we'll fall back to the interim multi stage
model...

In other words, we're going to try really hard to have those success
criteria from COGA and Low Vision, and we're willing to delay the .x
release 6 months or so for them to catch up, but if not, We'll ship the
mobile, and anything the other task forces have made that is ready.