Re: Error Handling Best Practice?

Thanks for the suggestion. It's really the where and how to present the error message that I suppose I'm searching for - be it:

1) the block of error messages shown before a form, after the user has submitted the data; or
2) error messages presented above each form field immediately an error is detected; or
3) error messages presented below each form field immediately an error is detected; or
4) combinations of some of the above.

The question - "from a user perspective which is best on a small screen"?

All the best

Alistair