RE: Error Handling Best Practice?

From: Balusani, Shirisha <sirib@uillinois.edu>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2015 13:54:33 +0000
To: "ajaysharma89003@gmail.com" <ajaysharma89003@gmail.com>, Michiel Bijl <michiel@agosto.nl>
CC: Jonathan Avila <jon.avila@ssbbartgroup.com>, "Patrick H. Lauke" <redux@splintered.co.uk>, "w3c-wai-ig@w3.org" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
The best way would be inline error or displaying error links on the top of the page . If errors are displayed on the top of the page (after selecting the submit/ save button), the focus should be taken to the first error in the list.
When user selects a error link, the focus should be shifted to the respective field( where error occurred).
Thanks
Siri