From: Elizabeth J. Pyatt [mailto:ejp10@psu.edu]
Sent: 10 December 2015 18:16
To: Allie Econar
Cc: Web Accessibility Initiative Interest Group
Subject: Re: Question about disabilities education resources

We tend to refer this kind of student issue to our Office of Student
Disabilities. They work directly with out students needing accommodation and
have more expertise in this area.

We appreciate your input though.

Elizabeth

> On Dec 10, 2015, at 12:57 PM, Allie Econar <alliee@bestschools.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Elizabeth,
>
> Thanks for getting back to me. I wanted to connect with you to compliment
the great work you are doing on your site and to share with you some of
things that we are working on that I think you would find useful.

> Here at BestSchools.com we recently published our 2016 College Resources
for Students with Disabilities. In the course of our research we found that
most student with disabilities were not aware of all the grants,
scholarships and education resources that are available to them. So we
decided to create a user-friendly guide that explores rights and protection
provided by law, the many different education opportunities as well as
in-depth grants and scholarship programs designed specifically to support
higher education. We hope our guide will not only answer common questions,
but make it easier for those living with disabilities to leverage the
educational benefits they have earned.

> You can see the entire guide along with some of its features here:
> 	. http://www.bestschools.com/disability-resources/
> Largely in part because of our unbiased, data-driven approach, we're a
trusted source for government entities and organizations throughout the US.
Many publications and organizations already use our guides as resources for
their readers. Here are a few examples:
> 	. State of North Dakota, http://www.nd.gov/ndyouth/education, listed
as "Best Schools"
> 	. State of Oregon, http://www.oregon.gov/CCWD/Pages/index.aspx,
listed as "Featured Website Best Schools"
> If you think those in your area would find it valuable, would you mind
including a link to it in your website? Of course, you are free to choose
the best place for it on your site.

> Looking forward to hearing from you.
>
> Thank you.
>

> Allie Econar
> alliee@bestschools.com
> BestSchools.com
> 244 5th Ave, Suite K267
> New York, NY 10001
>
> EMAIL DISCLAIMER: This email and any files transmitted with it are
confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to
whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please
notify the system manager. Please note that any views or opinions presented
in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent those of the company. This email complies with the U.S. CAN-SPAM
act of 2003. If you do not wish to receive future emails, please reply to
this email with "UNSUBSCRIBE" in the subject line. Your email address will
be removed from our database within 7-10 business days.

> On Wed, Dec 9, 2015 at 9:39 AM, Elizabeth J. Pyatt <ejp10@psu.edu> wrote:
> Did you have a specific question about the content?
>
> Thanks
> Elizabeth
> > On Dec 9, 2015, at 11:32 AM, Allie Econar <Alliee@bestschools.com>
wrote:

> > Hi Elizabeth,
> >
> > I just came across this webpage
http://symbolcodes.tlt.psu.edu/bylanguage/braille.html and found the
resources for those with disabilities very helpful.

> > I wanted to connect with the person that is responsible for the content.
Are you that person, if not, can you forward me to the right person?