Re: plain/simple/easy language variant subtag

From: Gregg Vanderheiden <gregg@raisingthefloor.org>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2015 12:52:20 -0400
To: IG - WAI Interest Group List list <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

> On Sep 17, 2015, at 11:23 AM,  wrote:
>
> > the goal though — and I think this is Chaals point  — is that how we write things can make more things accessible/ readable/
> > understandable to more.   And we should make everything as understandable by as many as we can.
>
> hmm, not sure I agree with that exactly.  I would prefer to say the goal as:
> We should make "more things" [not everything] as understandable to "more people" [not everyone].

I never said everything to everyone.
I said -  'everything to as many as we can'.

I am afraid I disagree with “more things to more people”.   That can be satisfied by making two things  understandable to two people.    That is progress (some) but not a goal.

and to not do what "we can” (where we leave “that we can” completely undefined) seems to be - well - not even doing what we can — which is much less than what needs to be done and less than what we know how to do.