Re: Requirements in job description re: hiring short-term developer for accessibility

Hello,

Could you kindly post this message to the list? I just registered to be a part of this mailing list. Thanks in advance for posting and please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Acacia

-------

Tech Developer with Accessibility Expertise<http://harvardx.harvard.edu/jobs> (Consultant)

<http://www.harvardx.edu/>HarvardX<http://harvardx.harvard.edu/>, the University-wide initiative that supports online learning and research, is seeking suggestions for a short-term technology developer with specific experience in accessibility remediation.

HarvardX aims to take some of our homegrown exercises and tools in online learning and make them more accessible to those with disabilities (at this time, specifically visual and auditory impairments). This will be a short-term contract hire to work on mitigation of exercises and problem types that HarvardX has customized in the edX platform.

The person need not be local, though that would be preferable. The main goal is to find someone with the specific skill set of developer + accessibility expertise.

Requirements:

  *   Prior experience in web accessibility, especially for blind or partially sighted users
  *   Skilled in HTML5 and Javascript
  *   Familiarity with WAI-ARIA and WCAG 2.0 standards
  *   Knowledge of industry-leading assistive technologies including JAWS, Window-Eyes, ZoomText, Dragon Naturally Speaking
  *   Knowledge of at least one server side scripting language and application development preferred
  *   Accessibility remediation expertise

Please send any recommendations to Acacia Landfield<mailto:acacia_landfield@harvard.edu>.

--

Acacia Landfield

Harvard University

Online Learning Project Lead/Outreach Manager

HarvardX | 125 Mt. Auburn St.

Cambridge, MA 02138

online-learning.harvard.edu/<http://online-learning.harvard.edu/>   | online-learning@harvard.edu<mailto:online-learning@harvard.edu>
harvardx.harvard.edu<http://harvardx.harvard.edu/>