RE: role="presentation" [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

From: jesper.tverskov@gmail.com [mailto:jesper.tverskov@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Jesper Tverskov
Sent: 13 May 2015 16:59

I'm arguing that we have a corner case, where the design table pretty much also live up to being a data table, and that the user of a screen reader for that reason might get useful hints reported. If role="presentation" is used absolutely nothing is reported except the text.

This doesn't seem to be a corner case. You explained that the reason you used a layout table was because it was difficult to accomplish the visual layout you wanted with CSS. By definition that makes it a layout table, not a data table, no?

Léonie.

--
Léonie Watson - Senior accessibility engineer
@LeonieWatson @PacielloGroup PacielloGroup.com