Re: Screen readers do not obey language changes in HTML

On 29/04/2015 17:11, Steve Faulkner wrote:

> On 29 April 2015 at 15:47, Batusic, Mario <mario.batusic@fabasoft.com
> <mailto:mario.batusic@fabasoft.com>> wrote:
>
>     Thanks a lot. That about APIs confirms what I feared. The way you
>     point, Christophe, is probably so complicated that the JAWS and
>     NVDA developers push the task back so long – because the bug is
>     posted by both for long now.
>

> In Firefox the language is exposed via an Iaccessible2 text attribute

Should have checked the documents I created 5 years ago ...
The IAccessible2 language attributes are defined at
<http://www.linuxfoundation.org/collaborate/workgroups/accessibility/iaccessible2/textattributes#Attributes>;
UI Automation Text Attributes also has language-related attributes, i.e.
"Culture" (by default the application UI's locale) and
"TextFlowDirections":
<https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee872119%28v=vs.85%29.aspx#language_attributes>.
However, I couldn't find the value range for "Culture".

Best regards,

Christophe

--
Christophe Strobbe
Akademischer Mitarbeiter

“It is possible to make a living making free software for freedom
instead of closed-source proprietary malware for cops.”
Jacob Appelbaum,
<http://dissenter.firedoglake.com/2012/12/28/jacob-appelbaum-on-resisting-the-surveillance-state/>