RE: measuring contrast ratio and Windows Clear Type

Whenever I've used the CCA with IE, fonts appear anti-aliased, meaning it is not clear which pixel to pick for the actual text colour. Firefox does not exhibit this problem for me, and so I've always used Firefox when measuring contrast with the CCA just to be sure I'm selecting the colours specified by the CSS.

I don't know if it's possible to detect (via CSS\JavaScript) if a user has clear type enabled or not, but in my view, measuring the contrast via the values provided in the CSS should be all that it is required to check adherence to the success criteria.

Joe