Re: Dialog behaviour and screen readers

From: Bryan Garaventa <bryan.garaventa@whatsock.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 18:17:11 -0700
To: "Ian Sharpe" <themanxsharpy@gmail.com>, <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Thanks for the feedback, that's strange about insert+space in NVDA, which
version are you running? The new release of NVDA came out a couple of weeks
ago, and is 2014.1.

I understand your point about the WhatSock sample not announcing the content
when focus moves within, however there is no role=dialog, so you can use
Browse Mode to arrow down the page, and the background content is hidden via
aria-hidden=true, so you will never encounter the obscured content on the

Is Browse Mode not activating? Is this in Firefox?