Re: Seeking feedback on IAAP certification roadmap

From: Paul Bohman <paul.bohman@deque.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2014 20:03:01 -0400
To: accessys@smart.net
Cc: "J. Albert Bowden" <jalbertbowden@gmail.com>, W3C WAI ig <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
IAAP certification is not specific to any law, such as the ADA. It is for
accessibility professionals in a variety of accessibility disciplines.
Similarly, the IAAP is an international organization, not just for American

It's also important to separate the concept of courses from certification.
The IAAP will offer a variety of educational resources and opportunities
which can impart the kind of knowledge necessary to pass certification, but
the certification itself is an assessment; a test. The idea behind
certification is to show that the individual has met a certain level of
expertise in the field, according to industry-accepted competencies.

Paul Bohman, PhD
Director of Training
Deque Systems, Inc
703-225-0380, ext.121