Re: How to make highlighted text accessible?

Some tips:

A) Provide keyboard access to the active step indicator. So, on tabbing,
keyboard focus will go through the active step and into the form fields,
etc. You can even send focus to the next step as the user completes the
previous step.

B) State the active step in the page title as screen readers always voice
it.

Not sure if the following would be an effective solution, so posing it as a
question:
If the active step (text) receives focus, would aria role=tooltip,
aria-describedby and aria-hidden expose content / tooltip, like "step name,
active"? Although it works in form fields [3], I would be interested to
know your thoughts.
[3] http://oaa-accessibility.org/example/40/

-Devarshi