Re: <i>, <em> and font-style:italic in HTML 5

Hi Rabab,
  Good question, I have a related follow up for the group:

  Just as *i* and *em* have been given complementary definitions, so have
*b* and *strong* (definitions in the same document referenced previously in
this thread).

The b<http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/CR-html5-20121217/text-level-semantics.html#the-b-element>
>  element represents<http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/CR-html5-20121217/rendering.html#represents> a
> span of text to which attention is being drawn for utilitarian purposes
> without conveying any extra importance and with no implication of an
> alternate voice or mood, such as key words in a document abstract, product
> names in a review…

Does this mean that when/if this becomes a specification (worded this way,
I mean), a compliant user agent e.g. a screenreader would read *b* with no
change in tone or voice?

Just curious?​​

Adam Powell
Learn more at my website:* *Adam Infinitum <http://www.adaminfinitum.com>