Re: Rethinking the necessities of ARIA landmark role "main" and HTML5 <main> element

On Sat, 23 Mar 2013 17:18:32 +0100, Ian Yang <ian@invigoreight.com> wrote:

> Hi Steve,
>
> I understand that there are use cases for these two features. I was just
> being inspired by and being interested in different opinions. After all,
> different opinions sometimes can be helpful if they are insightful.

Yes. So far I have not seen an insightful opinion on why main is a bad
idea.

(I don't think it is the best idea in the history of the universe, but I
do think it is something that is helpful to the web on balance...)

> So personally I would be willing to know the details.

Me too, of course.

cheers

Chaals